Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kinda gross....

Because of months and months of having antibiotics pumped through my system my immune system is BAD - really bad. I get anything and everything that goes around. When you have that many antibiotics in you trying to kill off the bad bugs, they inevitably kill off the good bugs as well. This can lead to intestinal candidiasis. Another link is here. About 4 years ago I got very very very sick and went to dozens of Dr's who tried many treatments and did lots of tests and we never found out anything. Then a friend mentioned that a cousin had had similar problems and found a solution. It was called Threelac (see Fivelac as Threelac is no longer available) and basically is is a bunch of really good for you probiotics in a form that is ok to take while on a completely sugar/yeast free diet. This diet is HARD. The first time I had to do it I had been VERY sick for a very long time and so it was about 6 months until I started feeling better. (BTW - the first link is much more liberal in what you can eat than what I can eat.)
A few months ago I noticed that I was starting to feel the same way again so I decided I would face it head on and try to get better before it got bad! I have been on it for just a month this time and am feeling GREAT! I am feeling ready to start slowly introducing some carbs and in a few weeks (or maybe a month or two) I will start adding back in sugars.
This is NOT a weight loss diet - in fact, the last time I actually gained weight! But it is a good reminder to me of how to eat healthily and to really detox from sugar!
So... that is what has been going on with me! How about you? ;)

No comments: