Monday, January 17, 2011

!

It has been almost 2 weeks since I went off of grains and dairy (and a few other things) due to allergies and I already feel like a new person! It is incredible! My husband told his parents in a letter yesterday (they are in Germany serving a mission for our Church) that I am back to the same girl he dated! YAY! It is true though, I have energy and am just generally happier again! HOOOOOORAY!!!! As far as weight loss I have already lost about 6 pounds but I have mostly been losing inches and fat, I can see muscle tone better already! It is amazing what a shift in eating will do when you have been shoving "healthy" things in your body that for you are simply NOT healthy! I am so excited about this! I think I will eventually start missing all the foods I used to eat but right now I just feel so much better that I can't even think about those kinds of foods without cringing inside!
My pain is NOT all gone, although I have only been on this for about 2 weeks and it takes months for gluten to completely leave your system. My pain is so improved though that I can workout harder than I have in years! What a blessing! I don't expect to have all my pain gone though, I know that a lot of it will be a lifelong thing - but I feel as though it will be much more manageable with this lifestyle!

1 comment:

Alisa J said...

Yay! I'm doing the happy dance for you! Seriously though, I'm so happy for you!