Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Yummy Salads

Being a really busy Mom means that often my wants are out the window. I have been making an effort to try to keep myself healthy, even though it requires a bit of extra work and better planning. While my kids don't love all the super healthy food (though they are better than lots of kids) I do. I have started making a few healthy lunches for myself on Sat or Monday to last the week. That way - being healthy is easy! I make the kids a cheese crisp or a PB and J while I chow down on sweet potato's, veggies and tofu stir fry with brown rice, etc. The kids sometimes prefer to eat my food - which is just fine with me!
I have a couple new recipes to share with you - they are awesome!!!!
Black Bean and Quinoa Salad - My Mom saw this recipe at the hairdresser and tried to remember it. We aren't sure if it is complete, but what we have is great!
Heart Asian Salad - From Trainer Momma's Blog! Great!

1 comment:

Trainer Momma said...

I will have to try that black bean and quinoa salad. Sounds like a magical blend -- yum! Salads are my life, my joy. I love treating myself everyday with a killer salad. We deserve it!