Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My weapons to fight the bulge...

I have a lot of weapons in my possession to keep fat at bay! I am very blessed!
A few years ago we lived in my grandparents backyard for the summer (an internship) in a trailer that we had purchased at a very good price. With the money that we made when we sold it we invested in a very good treadmill! It is wonderful to have especially when the weather is to bad to take the kids outside in the jogging stroller (another weapon I have)!


My Aerofit! I love this thing. Someone recommended it to my parents and for a long time it was the only exercising I could do! It is a great no impact aerobic workout!!! Really good for the days when my body is in too much pain to walk on the treadmill or outside!
And finally - my newest toy! We found this on Craigslist for $70! It works awesome! We got it with the hope that I could strengthen up the muscles around my knees while working on my endurance so that I could maybe not shred my knees so bad when I try to run! So far it seems to be really working! I ran a mile and a half the other day and my knees didn't swell up! They hurt the next day but nothing like they usually do! Hooray!

But the greatest weapon I have is my love for these guys! They motivate me like nothing else! I want to be strong a healthy for them. Be a good example for them to follow! I want them to know that you don't have to accept the limitations that life and people try to put on you - you can do ANYTHING!!!!


I also want to be healthy enough that when they have their children I will be there for them, to do anything for them, to help them with all the challenges they will ever face!

1 comment:

Trainer Momma said...

Sounds like you have a great set up! You've got a great variety, good for having backup plans galore! Those 4 kids are gorgeous -- it's great that you will be around for them...